Sunday, February 8, 2009

Landscaping Projects

I must be interested in doing projects since I did more yesterday. I decided I wanted more plants in my back yard. So my parents and I went to a nursery and got a bunch of plants. Of course I got more than they did. I'm glad they came as my Mom really knows plants - Dad too.

My new lime tree. I got a lime tree to replace the peach tree that died.

We planted oleander bushes down the side of the house so I have something pretty to look at out the windows of my living room and kitchen.
A pretty peach hibicus plant went against the wall between my bedroom windows. It needed something there.
There is honeysuckle on the wall. White lantana and lavendar near the grasss and a new sage bush in between. I want to get a bird bath to put in there as well. Hopefully these plants will bring birds and butterflies to my backyard.


I got my lilies! Lilies are my favorite plants but they don't last in the heat. The nursery guy said that these rain lilies should work if they are in the shade under a tree. Hopefully they do last as I would like to keep my lilies. There are also orange flowers that I don't remember the name of -- Mom suggested them.

Lastly, we planted a red yucca in the front yard. This spot is the 'danger zone'. No plant has ever survived there. I've tried several -- lantana, bush morning glory, ruella. Hopefully, this plant fares better.

Another good thing -- I learned how to add an emitter to the water line. Thanks Dad! Now I can do it all by myself. Of course Christian learned too and he can help me.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

looks awesome tanya! i definitely want to see the yard next time we're down in arizona.

Karen said...

Your yard looks better all the time. It will be nice to just sit out there on your porch this spring.