Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas

Christmas Eve was spent at my house with what is becoming a tradition -- an appetizer dinner. When it is just Christian, my parents, and I, we have had a dinner made of appetizers and then play games. I actually had a lot of fun making all the appetizers for the dinner. Dad enjoyed the Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies. Christian listened to his music while playing since he has decided he doesn't like Christmas music.
Christmas morning was nice and slow. It was just Christian and me. Christian had a couple of surprises. The first one was when he opened his Playstation 2. He got a wonderous expression on his face and said "I didn't expect this. You told me a wouldn't get it." Then he opened the last present and exclaimed, "I wrapped this -- I wrapped my own Christmas present." This is what happened. I went shopping with Cheryl. When I got home I honked the car horn for Christian to help bring in the bags like usual -- forgetting there were Christmas presents in it. Of course, Christian saw the PS2 games. So...I had him wrap the PS2 games for the Livingston kids. I even took the presents to be mailed. Then I switched the tags and placed it under the tree with Christian none the wiser. It made for a priceless moment.

Then we just played and watched movies for a while. Around three we went out to my folks house. We watched Kung Fu Panda, one of Christian's new movies. It was actually pretty good. Right when it was over, Cheryl's family got there. We had dinner and then unwrapped more presents.
I had fun 'spoiling' Cheryl's kids. I had to get Addie some Strawberry Milk mix. She loves to come to my house and drink strawberry milk -- she only gets it at my house. So I had to make sure she had strawberry milk in her new house.

One of the best moments was when Brayden and Cambrie opened a waffle iron my parents got the whole family. They both got very excited and then Cambrie lifted it over her head like it was a trophy. It was awesome. Also, Santa left a letter for the Gibsons saying he had gotten a little confused about where to leave presents --their Tolleson house, Aunt Tanya's house, their Farmington house, or Ben's family's house in Saint David -- therefore he had left a bag of presents in Grandma house in a closet since they would be there sometime. The kids had to go around to all the closets to find Santa's bag.

All in all, it was a great Christmas. I hope everyone else's Christmas was merry as well.

No comments: