Saturday, December 6, 2008

Thanksgiving and Christmas in One Weekend

Thanksgiving was a lot of fun this year. We all went to my parents' house just like always. My sister from California had a close call of not coming -- they had all been sick with the flu. Luckily, they got better and were able to come. The cousins all enjoyed playing with each other.

Christian decided to practice tennis on my folks' back porch.

After dinner came the fun part -- at least for me. Looking at the ads for Black Friday. My sister Cheryl and I always go together. That is something that I am going to miss when she moves. Hopefully she'll come back for Thanksgiving and we can still shop.

Cheryl and I were up at 4:30 and done with WalMart and Target by 6:30. We separated then. My favorite purchase was my new washer and dryer. Sears had a great deal on the pair where I basically paid for the washer and got the dryer thrown in. Unfortunately, it was such a great deal that a lot of other people also got it and I won't get mine until the end of January :(

Friday afternoon all of us girls got together and went to see the new movie, Twilight. It was very good. I'm glad I read the book first because then I got some of the parts that others might not of.

Saturday was our annual Christmas Family Get Together. We had pizza, salad, and a Chocolate Extravaganza. (Everyone brought one chocolate item to share.) Before eating we had a remote control car race and shot off rockets. (We did this last year and loved it...so we did it again.)

Mom and Dad didn't drive the cars very well.

Addie is such a cutie :)

Sierra, Addie, and Maria.

After dinner and our Chocolate Extravaganza we had skits. Each family had to include a famous quote and a character from a fairy tale, movie, etc. They were really cute.

We ended the night with hot chocolate, popcorn, and the movie 'Elf' on my parents' back porch.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Those are pretty bad pictures of me...I need to pose better.