Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

A time for thanks. I decided to steal my mother's idea and list what I am thankful for. First, I have all the usual things that I am thankful for:
  • The gospel -- I get a lot of strength by living the gospel. Plus, I have a whole extended family through the ward that cares about me and my son.
  • My family -- My wonderful son is the most important person in my life. He brings such joy in my life as I watch him grow up and find his way in life.
  • My sisters -- I have three wonderful sisters. I love to spend time with them. We have such wonderful talks and enjoy spending time together. I love having my youngest sister right down the street from me -- at least for a few more days until she moves to Utah :(
  • My brother -- My brother and I were the best of friends as we were growing up. I loved spending time with his friends rather than mine -- at least that's what I remember.
  • My neices and nephews -- I love to spend time with my nieces and nephews. I tell them stories, play games with them, talk about books, and spoil them rotten when I can. (The picture is only a few of them -- I have 20.)
  • My house -- I have enjoyed decorating my house and finding the best place to put everything.
  • My yard -- I finally got my backyard landscaped and I love it.
  • My job -- I am so thankful to have a job that I love doing. I enjoy children's literature and helping students come to love it too.

Now time for all the little things I am thankful for:

  • low cost of gas right now
  • soft ice cream
  • a night sky full of stars
  • soft green grass to lay on
  • all the colors, especially purple
  • sweet smelling flowers
  • new books -- especially ones you can't put down
  • smiles
  • hugs
  • chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate
  • dishwashers...so I don't have to wash dishes by hand
  • coupons
  • Chuck, 24, Dancing with the Stars, So You Think You Can Dance, Stargate Atlantis, Numbers
  • Friends, Lois and Clark, Beauty and the Beast, Star Trek Voyager, MASH
  • soft pillows
  • warm blankets for cold rainy days
  • a porch swing
  • a cool car that I can put a lot of stuff in
  • holidays where I don't have to go to school

Okay -- I'll stop listing things so I can go have fun with my family.

2 comments:

deborah said...

i loved reading this post... i need to make a list of what i am thankful for, we have a lot of the same things, like CHOCOLATE!!!

Karen said...

I love the new look on your blog. I'm grateful for you and Christian. You light up my life.