Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall Break

I spent part of my Fall Break in Palm Springs with Mom and Dad. The condo was beautiful. We spent time playing games, watching movies, swimming, reading, and seeing what Palm Springs had to offer. It was a very relaxing time - totally enjoyable. Here is the kitchen in Mom and Dad's condo -- Christian and I had a connecting condo -- that made up the two bedroom condo.

One day we went swimming. Dad found this big turtle floaty and tried to get on it. It was hilarious to watch him jump and try to get on and then fall off again. After Dad got tired of trying, Christian tried his hand at it.


Check out the wings on Christian and Dad. They BOTH need a haircut :)

Thursday night we went to the street fair. It was amazing. This guy is spray painting pictures. It was so cool to watch. He could do a complete picture in about 10-15 minutes. I ended up getting one picture that is going in my living room. Christian really enjoyed seeing the different techniques the guy used.

Here are some of his pictures.
On Saturday Maria and family came out to spend the day with us. We went swimming where Stan came up with a game for us to play in the pool -- Wimp Ball. It is like volleyball except the ball is out if it goes beyond the farthest player or to the side of the farthest player. So we all bunched up close to the ball would go out. Also we could hit the ball as many times as we wanted - we even caught it and threw it back. It was a blast!

Callie and Sierra liked Mom and Dad's bathtub -- it was huge and it had a waterfall faucet. They had to get in and try it out. (I liked it too, but I didn't get to try it :()
A lot of the rest of my break was spent fixing up my yard (it REALLY needed to be mowed), making thank you cards and working on Christian's graduation quilt. Mom helped me finish up the top and get it on frames. Then she showed me how to quilt it. It hasn't been bad - I've actually enjoyed quilting it. Now I just have to keep it up once I go back to school tomorrow :) (That is why I gave myself a lot of time to finish it.)


This is what his quilt looks like. I think it is going to be a great quilt for him to have for college.

1 comment:

Maria said...

We had fun spending the day with you. Time to get back to the grindstone.