Friday, October 22, 2010

Family Reunion - Really LATE!

I know I am really late on posting this blog. I wanted to wait until I got everyone's pictures since I didn't take very many. Then when I got the pictures I was involved heavily with school and preparing for my college class (more on that later), etc. But better late than never.

Our family reunion this last July was so much fun (I do have to say so even if I was in charge). It went off much better than I thought it would. Having planned all this sight unseen of Three Peaks Lodge and not knowing the area very well, I was a little nervous about it. I had looked online extensively for activities to do. The main thing I wanted was a lodge with enough room that we wouldn't be stepping all over each other -- with lots of activities to do inside and outside. Three Peaks Lodge delivered this. So glad we got it.

Mom, Dad, Christian, and I arrived in Rigby, Idaho a couple of days before the reuion so that I could take a look around at everything I had planned - so I would know directions, etc. to all of the places. Also, I needed to get all the groceries and other things we needed. Let me tell you - that was a chore in and of itself. Try planning food for 30+ people when you are use to just 2. Not easy:) And then try 90 people for one meal on Sunday. But we did it :)

Friday - July 9th - Arrive at Three Peaks Lodge to see that it was better than I thought it would be. Tons of rooms, lots of space, ping pong, pool, shuffleboard, air hockey (without the air), rock climbing wall, slides, blocks, bikes, tennis, basketball, volleyball, softball, horseshoes, playground, hot tub, etc. Lots of activites to keep us busy (when it wasn't raining or blowing wind).
Have two hours to get everything set up before people start arriving. Our Hall of Fame with the movie rooms - do you remember which room was yours? I know quite a few kids who had fun figuring this out - even some adults too!


I loved the shirts that Cheryl designed!!!! I have people even now saying how much they like the shirt when I wear it around town.
I think my favorite part of Friday was the late night game played by Laura, Jonathan, David, Cindy, and I. Scooters are a blast :) Too bad we got a little loud and were found out by Grandma and then the teenagers. What a blast!

Saturday - the rest of the family arrived around noon and the reunion officially started - yeah!
Softball
Tag was a blast, but everyone was running around so much that no pictures were taken :(
Volleyball - the Eggs vs. the Dinosaurs
That evening we had dodgeball out on the tennis court -- with the wind blowing. My favorite part was Addie going and getting the balls from the other team to give to us. She even got some of hte other girls to help her as well :)
Late night games, talking, and sneaking out to the hot tub were also favorites.

Sunday - some of my favorites were getting tangled up in a family web...
family remix songs...Livingstons even put dance moves to theirs...
Sunday night was fun with the Back to the Future IV preview and Donald Duck cartoons before the video showing of Back to the Future - with concessions of course :)
Monday -- some of my favorites were seeing the Berry van piled with intertubes, then having a line of cars heading to the river...
tubing down the Snake River (even though my bottom kept scraping the bottom of the river)...
Tuesday -- some of my favorites were playing laser tag...
I played and played and played - got hit a lot, but my favorite game was were I was a sniper from the ramp and kept hitting people :) The first game with almost everyone playing was a lot of fun too :)
The Oscars was a blast! Mom and I had a lot of fun putting together the video - pretty sure some of those videos/snapshots were surprises for the family. Hopefully Cheryl still loves Donald Duck :))))))))
I hope everyone had as much fun as I did at the family reunion and I can't wait for the next one!
Thanks to everyone for coming and making it so special. I love you all.

No comments: